FREE TIME IN HIMARA
A lovely transfer along the coast accompanied by our guide’s tales as we are taken to the ancient town of Himara, which we can explore at our own leisure surrounded by its evocative atmosphere and magnificent views over the gulf.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of the coast
- Ancient town of Himara
- Free walk around the centre
What we will do
- We leave Sarandë behind us by coach and embark on a charming sightseeing tour of the coast as we head north taking in the typical fascinating Mediterranean nature made up of panoramas of incomparable beauty between the hills and the sea.
- Lovely views appear before our eyes as we pass through traditional villages and rural landscapes while listening to the history of the region explained by our guide.
- We then reach the ancient town of Himara, a true architectural gem made entirely of stone and perched on a large promontory overlooking the gulf.
- Once off the coach, we have some free time available to explore the town at our leisure while strolling among the houses and alleyways enclosed by walls built using huge stone boulders.
- We can stop off to admire the towns churches, immerse ourselves in the peaceful sleepy atmosphere and take in the amazing views of the sea and surrounding hills.