DISCOVERING SORRENTO ON FOOT
Sightseeing, Cultural, Shopping
An excursion to discover a gem of the Gulf of Naples: wonderful Sorrento, with its narrow streets and little squares that have won the hearts of countless visitors with some free time for shopping or for a toast with some limoncello.
What we will see
- Guided walking tour of Sorrento
- Piazza Tasso and Sedil Dominova
- Cathedral and Church of Saint Francis
- Free time for shopping
What we will do
- Starting from the port of Salerno, our coach reaches famous Sorrento, the most beautiful and famous of the towns on the eponymous peninsula and one of the gems of the Gulf of Naples. According to the legend, it is in these waters around Sorrento that the sirens tried to lure Ulysses with their enchanting song.
- Once there, we start our walking tour through the narrow streets and old decumani (east-west oriented roads) brought to life by the many shops displaying their merchandise.
- We reach Piazza Tasso with its statue depicting the famous local poet Torquato Tasso and continue as far as Sedil Dominova, one of the most characteristic monuments in the city centre where part of the aristocracy met to rule the city for around five centuries.
- We then admire the Cathedral, built over the remains of an ancient Greek temple, and the Church of Saint Francis with its adjoining cloister and gardens from where we behold the splendid panorama of Marina Grande, Sorrento's own fishing port.
- Before heading back to the ship, we have some free time for a spot of shipping, to taste the famous limoncello liqueur made with local lemons, or simply to enjoy the fascinating atmosphere of a place.