Kushimoto Family Tour
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Lunch not included
On this tour, you will visit family-friendly sightseeing spots in Kushimoto.
Hashikui rocks are a unique landscape formed by erosion by the sea.
They are about 850 metres long, and approximately 40 tower-like rocks stand individually.
This site has been designated a national nature treasure and a beauty spot (in 2007).
Kushimoto Marine Park was the first marine park established in Japan. The park is located along Sabiura Coast in Kushimoto. Kuroshio current laps the coast, and the sea water is clear and warm all year round. In the sea, a lot of coral and colourful tropical fish make for a beautiful underwater world. Many coral reef creatures live among the coral colonies and they form the most northerly coral reef ecosystem in the world.
Kushimoto coral communities were registered on the Ramsar Convention list in 2005.
Taiji Whale Museum is a large complex that includes an aquarium and both dolphin and whale pools, in addition to a museum with various whale-related displays. Dolphin and whale shows are held several times a day.
What we will see
- Lake Towada
- Lake cruise
- Oirase stream
- Panoramic stops and stroll along the banks of the stream
What we will do
- We leave the port behind us and head inland to Honshu, the main island on the Japanese archipelago, towards lake Towada, an authentic natural gem.
- The lake is located 400 metres above sea level and inside a large volcanic caldera whose edges rise along its banks for hundred of metres covered in thick lush forest that is reflected in the deep blue of its waters.
- The best way to explore the lake is to cross it: we board a boat to enjoy a pleasant cruise on the peaceful waters of Towada and to admire the amazing views which vary according to the season.
- Lake Towada generates a single waterway, the **picturesque Oirase stream which flows through in the gorge of the same name surrounded by forests that look as if they have been copied from a painting.
- During our tour, we make a few short stops to admire the loveliest views such as waterfalls filling the air with their gurgling and bubbling rapids that match the green of the forest so well.
- To better appreciate this spectacle of nature, we also take a delightfully pleasant and easy stroll along its banks.
- To top it all, our excursion also includes a typical Japanese fixed-menu lunch, the perfect end to an unforgettable day.
What you need to know
English & other European tour guides are subject to availability. ?