IN THE HEART OF TRADITION: DINNER AND A FADO PERFORMANCE
Cultural, Meal included
An unforgettable evening dedicated to exploring Portuguese culture and tradition: enjoy a typical dinner accompanied by a folk show and an exceptional fado performance, the typical Lisbon singing style declared a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage.
What we will see
- Alfama district
- Pateo de Alfama restaurant
- Typical Portuguese dinner
- Folk dancing
- Fado performance
What we will do
- We leave the port by coach and reach the Alfama district** in the old city, characterised by narrow streets, staircases, porticoes and panoramic viewpoints.
- Our destination is the Pateo de Alfama restaurant, a characteristic casa de fado built in a charming courtyard and leaning on the first city wall, which can be admired on the inside.
- We enjoy a delicious local dinner with Portuguese specialities, which alone is worth a visit.
- But our day discovering Portuguese traditions does not end here: we also attend a folk dance show.
- The evening ends with an unforgettable fado performance, the typical Lisbon singing style. This authentic expression of popular Portuguese culture conjures up the sense of saudade (nostalgia) that we are bound to feel when we think back to our visit to this enchanting city.
What you need to know