A STROLL AROUND WARNEMÜNDE'S FLAVOURS
Let us visit the lovely seaside town of Warnemünde as we stroll around its charming alleyways and along the lively harbour. We will also enjoy some local delicacies, visit an interesting museum and attend music performances.
What we will see
- Walking tour of Warnemünde
- Alte Strom
- Genusswelt delicatessen: tasting session
- Coffee and cake; accordion performance
- Warnemünde church: organ concert
What we will do
- We meet our guide at the port and start discovering the **seaside town of Warnemünde**, an ancient fishing village turned into a lively seaside resort but which still retains its picturesque charm.
- We walk along the **charming harbour of Alte Strom** with its colourful fishing boats, elegant yachts and small sailing boats with the historical fishermen’s houses in the background now home to exquisite shops and cafés.
- Our guide stops at the **most evocative corners of Warnemünde** to tell us about the town’s history filled with thrilling stories from days gone by.
- We reach our first stop: the **Genusswelt delicatessen**, where we enjoy a tasting session of local finger food paired with various local beverages.
- Our next stop is the **Heimatmuseum**, a lovely museum dedicated to local history and set up in an old house where we learn about traditional everyday life and the history of Warnemünde.
- We then head to a **comfortable café** where a cup of steaming coffee and a home-made slice of cake await us.
- As we sip our coffee, an accordion player entertains us with **sea shanties** typical of northern Germany.
- We continue our stroll as far as **Warnemünde’s Lutheran church**, built in the 19th century in the Gothic Revival style and where we enjoy an **exclusive organ concert** that definitely adds to the charm of our visit.
- At the end of the excursion, we can go back to the ship or remain in the Alte Strom area for **a spot of shopping** in the lovely town centre shops before heading back to the port independently.