Kagoshima city highlight & Japanese lunch(CH)
Sightseeing, Shopping, Meal included
You will take a glimpse of the beautifull scenery of Kagoshima, and enjoy free time for shopping. Your tour will start with visiting Terukuni-Shrine, this is the most popular place for hatsumode (the first shrine visit of the New Year) in Kagoshima prefecture, and Shimazu Nariakira (the 11th lord of Satsuma Domain) is enshrined here. then drive to Senganen Garden, which is known as a Japanese style landscape garden. One of the garden's most striking features is its use of Sakurajima and Kagoshima Bay as borrowed scenery. After that, take Japnese style lunch and then go to shiroyama observatory, have a full view of Kagoshima city and Sakurajima- Volcano Island. After shopping at DFS, you will go back to the pier.
What we will see
- Volcanic island of Sakurajima
- Arimura Lava lookout
- Sakurajima Yogan Nagisa Park: thermal footbath
- Tenmonkan district
What we will do
- We board a ferry which takes us to the volcanic island of Sakurajima, symbol of the city of Kagoshima, dominating the sea with its mountain often topped by a smoke plume indicating the magmatic activity that never sleeps.
- We stop at the Arimura Lava lookout on the southern side of the peak, Minami-dake, on the top of a hill in a lava field that formed after a big eruption in 1946.
- From here, we enjoy a 360° view of the volcano, the rugged lava field dotted with pine trees and Kagoshima bay.
- We then head to the Sakurajima Yogan Nagisa Park and its 100-metre-long thermal tub used for footbaths. We immerse our feet in the hot waters gushing from 1,000 metres underground and boost our energy levels by admiring enchanting scenery, Kinko Bay and the Sakurajima volcano behind us.
- After returning to the city on our ferry, we end our excursion with some shopping in the Tenmonkan district where we can purchase a few souvenirs or enjoy some delicacies such as the shirokuma slush and typical Kagoshima ramen.
What you need to know
Japanese new year holiday(1/1 to 1/7), shrine's religious activities event day. The shrine couldn’t accept foreign tourist, another candidate tour site should be available to arrange for this tour.