VISIT TO THE PROTECTED MARINE AREAS OF MOLARA AND TAVOLARA
Nature excursion, Swimming, Entertainment
An excursion not to be missed to the islands of Molara and Tavolara for an invigorating swim in the marvellous turquoise water of this protected marine area and to relax on the splendid, white, sandy beaches..
What we will see
- Protected marine area of the islands of Molara and Tavolara
- Stop at Capo Ceraso: creeks and beaches
- Swimming pools in Molara, snorkeling
- Cliffs of the island of Tavolara
- Diving at Punta Spalmatore
What we will do
- Our excursion begins from the Molo Brin next to the port of Olbia on board a comfortable rubber dinghy and we make our way towards the protected marine area of the islands of Molara and Tavolara. This area was established in 1997 by a decree of the Ministry of the Environment. It stretches over 15,000 hectares for approximately 76 km along the coast from Capo Ceraso to Isola Ruia, to the south of Capo Coda Cavallo, including the islands of Molara and Molarotto. The area was divided into three protected zones, A, B and C, where free sailing, hunting or capture of fauna is forbidde
- After a short trip around this splendid area, we make our first stop for a swim at Capo Ceraso, a granite spit covered in lush vegetation and a variety of trees of the Mediterranean maquis (such as the strawberry tree, wild olive, holm oak, cork oak) with numerous creeks, coves and beaches of rare beauty. Taking centre stage in this natural wonder is the clear, deep blue sea, with shades of green and bright blue.
- Our second stop is at the Piscine Molara, a stretch of water forming natural, turquoise swimming pools lined by numerous, fascinating rocks, where we’ll have time for some snorkelling.
- We move on to Tavolara, an island famous for its fascinating, steep cliffs, rising over 500 metres above sea level.
- Before our return to the port, let’s have another quick dive at Punto Spalmatore at the southern tip of the island of Tavolara. Of granite and calcareous origin, the cream-coloured, fine, soft, sandy beach makes it the most popular area on the island.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion does not include a guide or a local rep.
- Do not forget to bring swimwear, a towel, sunglasses and sun cream.
- In the event of adverse weather conditions the tour may be cancelled.
- Minimum age: 4 years.
- Itinerary sequence may vary.