DISCOVERING BUENOS AIRES (Excursion included in the World Cruise fare)
Sightseeing, Cultural, Shopping
We explore the lively cosmopolitan city of Buenos Aires on foot and by coach touching the most popular destinations and immersing ourselves in the local everyday life among bustling streets and squares not as simple tourist but as true travellers looking for the city’s real deep soul.
What we will see
- Stop in Plaza de Mayo
- Casa Rosada, Cabildo, Pirámide de Mayo, cathedral
- Free walk in the La Boca district
- Barrio Recoleta and monumental cemetery
- Palermo district
What we will do
- We leave the port behind us and immerse ourselves in the atmosphere of Buenos Aires, the exuberant and cosmopolitan capital of Argentina where European charm and Latin-American nature blend in a charming mix that seduces travellers among bustling streets, elegant avenues, old cafés and classy restaurants.
- The tour starts with an unmissable stop in Plaza de Mayo, one of the most ancient places and cultural, political and historical heart of the city. Here, we can admire the Casa Rosada, residence of the President of the Republic, the Cabildo, a fascinating colonial building which is now the National Museum of the May Revolution, the Pirámide de Mayo commemorating that same revolution and the Baroque Metropolitan cathedral.
- We continue with the picturesque La Boca district, which has a long and significant history whose fame goes well beyond the borders of the city. La Boca was the first port of Buenos Aires: it was here that the Italian and Spanish immigrants settled towards the mid-19th century generating the typically European atmosphere that still characterises the barrio.
- We have some time available to explore the district at our own leisure admiring the typical colourful houses decorated with flags, statues and manikins among which we find the oldest tango clubs in the city.
- We then proceed along the Caminito, the district’s most famous road flanked by colourful houses and stalls selling the work of local artists and craftsmen as we blend in with the locals to enjoy an authentic experience.
- We get back to our coach and reach barrio Recoleta, a prestigious elegant residential district known for its social scene as well as for the monumental cemetery - a true work of art filled with chapels, beautiful statues and charming tree-lined avenues. Evita Perón is also buried here, a charismatic figure beloved by the Argentinians so much that, during her years as “Primera Dama”, she represented a true spiritual guide for the Argentinian people.
- We cross the Palermo district with its elegant buildings, luxury boutiques and large green parks and make our way to the port with the feeling of having just seen a fantastic city full of life!
What you need to know
- No need to book, the excursion is included in the price of the World Tour cruise.