AMSTERDAM BETWEEN SKY AND SEA
Let us admire the beauties of the city of Amsterdam from two privileged points of view: a 100 m high observation platform and a boat gliding along the charming canals of the “Venice of the North”.
What we will see
- Canal crossing by ferry
- A’dam Lookout
- Interactive exhibition and suspended swing (optional)
- Boat cruise along the canals
What we will do
- We leave the port behind as we enjoy a lovely stroll towards Amsterdam’s central station.
- Just like the locals do everyday, we get on a ferry crossing the North Sea Canal, constructed during the second half of the 19th century and 21 km long.
- We thus reach the first stop on our excursion: the A’dam Lookout, an observation platform from where you can enjoy a 360° view of the city.
- The tower was built on the river bank and dominates the landscape at 100 metres tall. The city of Amsterdam stretches out below our feet: we admire the historic city centre, the lively port and the famous canals declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site as far as the typical bright green coastal plains.
- Those interested in learning more about the history and culture of the Dutch capital can visit the state-of-the-art interactive exhibition.
- The A’dam Lookout has something in store for thrill-seekers too: an incredible series of suspended swings over the edge of the platform, of course safely fastened to our seats. This breathtaking experience is not included in the entry to the tower, but it is a chance the most courageous do not want to miss.
- Our feet are back firmly on the ground, but not for long: we get on a private boat for a sightseeing tour along the numerous canals that make up the city and which have been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The hour-long tour is perfect to admire the marvels that pass before our eyes from a privileged point of view: the characteristic tall narrow buildings flanking the canals with their unique façades, the famous houseboats moored along the banks and the many bridges of all shapes and sizes.
What you need to know