TIMELESS ABBA: TOUR IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF THE LEGENDARY BAND
Stockholm is the home of ABBA and of their recording studio: there is no better way to discover the history of the band, see the most significant locations and visit the museum dedicated to the legendary Swedish quartet becoming pop stars for a day!
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of Stockholm
- Significant places for ABBA
- Djurgården museum and ABBA Museum
- Visit of the museum and live “performance”
What we will do
- We start off our excursion with a sightseeing tour of Stockholm by coach to admire a few of the main sights including the elegant Östermalm neighbourhood and Sergels Torg, the central square of modern Stockholm.
- During the tour, our guide points out the most interesting significant locations of the history of ABBA and tells us a few interesting facts on Sweden’s most famous band.
- We reach the magnificent island of Djurgården, a former royal hunting reserve that is now an idyllic place for wonderful walks with many museums just a stone’s throw from the city centre.
- It is also the location of the main destination of our tour: the ABBA museum, dedicated to the legendary platform boot and sequin jumpsuit- wearing band that revolutionised pop music between 1972 and 1983.
- The museum displays objects and peculiarities such as stage clothes in a modern interactive exhibition with footage from their shows and interviews with the four band members.
- The ticket given at the entrance generates a page on the museum website where we can download our live performance: we become pop stars for a day in a booth where we can dance and sing “wearing” a digital costume!
- After the museum, we have some free time to explore the old city at our own leisure before going back to the ship.
What you need to know