BIKE TOUR OF PALMA AND RELAXATION ON THE BEACH
Let’s get pedalling to discover the most intriguing glimpses of Palma and explore its charming, historic town centre before popping out on to the beach, where we can relax for a moment and then stop to enjoy a wonderful ice-cream.
What we will see
- Bike ride
- Gothic cathedral of Santa Maria
- La Llotja
- Royal palace of Almudaina and Passeig de Born
- Palma beach
- A stop at the ice-cream parlour
What we will do
- We’ll jump on the saddle and pedal along the cycle ways and little streets and squares in the historic centre to discover some of the most intriguing glimpses and most interesting monuments of the main town of the island of Majorca.
- We’ll pass opposite the splendid Gothic cathedral of Santa Maria, the city’s most famous building, rebuilt between 1904 and 1914 under the management of Antoni Gaudí.
- Cycling alongside the historic city walls, we come to La Llotja (or Lonja), a magnificent Gothic building which was once a trade exchange centre and is used today for cultural events and other official functions.
- We can admire the stately Royal palace of Almudaine, residence of the King of Spain on visits to the island, and ride along the Passeig de Born, with its myriad not only of bars and restaurants, but also of the most modern and most elegant shops in the city.
- We finally arrive at Palma beach where we get off our bikes to relax, in direct contact with the splendour of the Mediterranean Sea.
- Like every summer’s day worth its salt, we’ll stop to enjoy an ice-cream on our way back to end this unforgettable day on a sweet note.
What you need to know
- Remember to bring swimwear and a towel.
- During the winter months, the beach stop and ice-cream break are replaced by free time in Portixol, one of the most elegant marinas in Palma, where we can sip a hot drink.
- Minimum number of participants: 6 people.
- You need to be physically fit to take part in this excursion.