STAND-UP PADDLE IN ÅNDALSNES
Nature excursion, Entertainment
Let’s get ready for an extreme adrenaline rush like you get when you surf, but with the extra emotion and challenge of facing river water on a board with the help of a paddle. If you like rafting, now is the time to try stand-up paddle along the river!
What we will see
- Stand-up paddle along the river near Åndalsnes
What we will do
- This excursion will take us to the clear waters of a river near Åndalsnes and will test our skills and balance with a few rapids.
- This experience will be evn more intense than rafting: stand-up paddle is comparable to the kayak excursion, but is done standing on a board (similar to a surf board but thicker) and using a paddle to push forwards.
- However, this sport is easier to learn and requires less effort.
- Stand-up paddle along the river is called "sledging" in New Zealand, "whitewater swimming" by others and "hydrofoil" or "hydrospeed" in Europe.
- Let’s get ready to paddle our boards and get wet in the river waters.
- The first part of the course concentrates on safety and how to use the board correctly before actually starting on the river.
- Our guides are expert rafting instructors.
What you need to know
- Minimum age: 12 years.
- You must be able to swim and be physically fit to take part in the water activities.