OVERLAND: FROM STRANDA TO TROLLSTIGEN (ends at Geiranger)
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Meal included
We will explore the awe-inspiring Norwegian landscape visiting several destinations along the spectacular Geirangerfjord, taking a cable car up to the top of the famous Stranda mountain, where we will have lunch in a restaurant with panoramic views, and we will cross the fjord on a boat and travel along one of the steepest and most thrilling roads in the world.
What we will see
- Viewpoint over the Geirangerfjord
- Stranda mountain and spectacular cable car
- Lunch at a restaurant with panoramic views
- Ferry ride across the fjord
- Ørnesvingen viewpoint and Seven Sisters waterfall
What we will do
- We will leave the port of Hellesylt and head north, soon making a stop at the viewpoint over the Geirangerfjord, where we can take photos of the breathtaking views with our cameras.
- Afterwards, we will continue to Mount Stranda, a renowned ski resort offering breathtaking views of the surrounding snowy peaks as well as the majestic Storfjord.
- We will leave our coach behind us and climb to the top on a spectacular cable car whose large windows offer us 360° views of the fjord and mountains.
- The cable car runs to 1042 metres above sea level, where we can feel in direct contact with nature as we see goats grazing in summer and plenty of snow for the kids to play in.
- From the top of the mountain we can enjoy exceptional views of the majestic Geirangerfjord, which has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and Jostedal glacier, the largest in Europe situated on dry land.
- After enjoying some free time, we will sit down for lunch in a restaurant with panoramic views at the top of the mountain before we head back down on the cable car.
- We will then cross the Geirangerfjord on a ferry, marvelling at the steep, imposing mountains with their countless waterfalls dropping down towards the sea.
- Our next destination is the famous Trollstigen or 'Trolls' Path', an engineering feat consisting of an extremely narrow scenic road with 11 hairpin bends and a hair-raising steep gradient, surrounded by majestic mountains and stunning waterfalls.
- Back down at the fjord, we will take the ferry back across it and stop at the Ørnesvingen viewpoint, which literally means Eagles' Turn, where we can admire and take photos of the Geirangerfjord and the Seven Sisters waterfall, so called because it splits into seven rivulets over the rock face.
- Then we will travel along the last section of the road and stop in Geiranger, our final destination.
What you need to know
- The excursion starts in Hellesylt and ends in Geiranger.