TOP EXPERIENCE: SANTORINI - A DISCOVERY EXCLUSIVE
Santorini is considered to be one of the most striking islands in the world and you have the opportunity to experience it all in a brand new and exclusive tour featuring everything there is to see, do and taste! Step back in time and visit the ancient settlement of Akrotiri, incredibly preserved following a volcanic eruption thousands of years ago. Stroll through the picturesque village of Oia with an experienced guide and admire the brilliantly whitewashed buildings and blue-domed churches. Sample traditional Greek meze and local wine in the neighbouring village of Kamari, as you discover the history of wine production. Visit Fira, the capital of Santorini characterised by the incredible mix of Venetian and Cycladic architecture. Leave no stone unturned in Santorini, the ‘Black Pearl of the Aegean’.
What we will see
- Mt Prophet Elias
- Perissa Beach
What we will do
- Board your coach and take a scenic drive to Akrotiri, a Minoan Bronze Age settlement, which was buried in volcanic ash following the Theran eruption. Your experienced guide will chaperon you as you learn about the ‘Minoan Pompeii”, and the many archaeological discoveries including clay vessels, pottery and advanced plumbing systems.
- Reach the village of Oia, which is located high in Santorini’s cliffs and offers unbelievable views of the surrounding landscape. Admire the famous white houses and stroll down the cobblestone streets – relax and soak up the atmosphere.
- Seize the opportunity to taste local wines accompanied by traditional Greek snacks in the nearby village of Kamari.
- After admiring the breath-taking views of Mt Prophet Elias, indulge in a traditional Greek meal for lunch
- Observe the stunning black sands of Perissa Beach, as they contrast with the clear, island waters
- Arrive at the island’s capital city, Fira, where you can visit a gallery, a museum or the large shopping center. There’s something for everyone!
- As your incredible experience reaches a conclusion choose to relax in a coach back to port or catch the aerial cable car for incredible views of the island.