WHALE-WATCHING IN THE WATERS OF THE FJORD
Sightseeing, Nature excursion
Sailing along a splendid fjord, we keep our eyes fixed to the sea, hoping to catch a glimpse of the whales or some of the many other marine creatures that flock to these waters in great numbers.
What we will see
- Cruise on the Ísafjarðardjúp
- Following the Snæfjallaströnd
- Whale-watching and wildlife spotting
- On-board coffee break
What we will do
- We climb aboard our craft for the day and set off to explore the largest fjord in the region, the Ísafjarðardjúp, which cuts deep into the Westfjords landscape flanked by spectacular, towering mountains.
- From the comfort of out boat, which has covered seating for all passengers, we coast alongside the surreal Snæfjallaströnd mountain range with its evocative, striated grey rocks and white, snow-covered glaciers.
- If we look carefully, with a little luck, we may spot huge whales swimming in the sea not far from us. In these waters, whale-watching has a better-than-average chance of success.
- During our cruise, we will be sure to meet some of the other characters from the ocean environment, from the puffins that fly along the coast to the friendly seals darting happily between the waves.
- To make our trip even more hospitable, we will be served with a cup of steaming-hot coffee on board, while warm clothes are available to help us cope with the Icelandic weather.
What you need to know