TRANSFER TO MANNENA BEACH
It’s fun for all the family as we enjoy a moment of true relaxation with the sparkling Mediterranean waters at our feet at one of the wonderful beaches of the Costa Smeralda.
What we will see
- Gallura and its scenery
- Mannena Beach
- Free time relaxing at the beach
What we will do
- Leaving the port of Olbia behind us, we head towards Arzachena along characteristic north-Sardinian roads, which reward us with one picture-postcard view after another as they wind their way through the wild, rocky landscape of the Gallura.
- We stop close to the resort town of Cannigione, where we have an easy walk of about a kilometre to the beautiful Mannena beach, and a stretch known as Barca Bruciata – the “burned boat” – where we have time to relax and do as we please. The shallow, sandy seabed creates a beautiful, shifting array of colours, from turquoise to emerald green, in the crystal-clear water. How can we resist just diving in?
- The beach is enclosed at each end by two low promontories, where it is possible to find all sorts of marine creatures. See if you can spot the crabs as they crawl around the rocks, or the little fish. Young and old alike are sure to be entertained.
- Behind the beach is a stretch of low, Mediterranean shrubland that offers just a taste of the great variety of unusual landscapes to be found on the shores and in the interior of this marvellous island. On an endlessly enjoyable day like this, you might even end up spending most of your time just admiring the splendid view.
What you need to know
- This excursion does not include a guide.
- Depending on the wind and currents, there may be seaweed on the beach. However, this cannot be determined in advance.