A TYPICAL APULIAN FEAST ON A FARM AND A COOKERY CLASS: ORECCHIETTE PASTA
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Tasting
We will discover the many sides of Bari, from ancient to modern, and we will cross the land of the famous dwellings called 'trulli', appreciating the beautiful views dotted with their typical cone-shaped roofs. We will stop at a farm to taste some typical products and learn how Apulian orecchiette pasta is made.
What we will see
- Sightseeing: Bari and surroundings
- Sightseeing: Corso Cavour and Teatro Petruzzelli
- Sightseeing: Trulli
- Sightseeing: Alberobello and Locorotondo
- Stop at a farm
- Typical product tasting
- Apulian orecchiette cookery class
What we will do
- We will leave the port on a coach as we start our lovely sightseeing tour of Bari, covering the city's main points of interest.
- We will travel along Corso Cavour, the commercial hub of Bari where we can find the Chamber of Commerce and Teatro Petruzzelli, the theatre with a distinctive red and white façade.
- Crossing the modern part of the city, we will head towards Bari's countryside, giving us the chance to admire the typical Apulian views of age-old olive groves dotted with white constructions that contrast with the red earth.
- We will immerse ourselves in the land of trulli, the typical round dry stone constructions with cone-shaped roofs, whose roots date back to the 16th century.
- Picture-postcard views will unfold before our eyes and we will see some of the most famous charming towns in the area like Alberobello and Locorotondo, two fine examples of Apulian architecture.
- Our itinerary will end with a stop at a typical farm, where we can admire a fascinating group of trulli built in the 18th century.
- We will stop for a rest here and sample some typical Apulian products, discovering a world of delicious flavours.
- The highlight of our visit to the farm will be taking part in a cookery class in which we will learn how to make Apulian orecchiette pasta, the local delicacy. When we get home we can try out different pairings and dazzle our friends at the dinner table!
- Finally, we will say goodbye to the land of trulli and return to the ship.
What you need to know