EXCURSION TO THE HIMAKÅNÅ ROCK FORMATION
An exciting excursion in the mountains which will see us exploring the breathtaking landscape on foot as we make our way up to the Himakånå rock formation, which juts out into the abyss, offering spectacular views of the fjord below.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour to Hinderåvåg
- Walking excursion in the mountains
- Picturesque spots to admire
- Himakånå rock
What we will do
- Our coach will take us on a sightseeing tour heading east through picturesque lands that cut through the waters of the countless inlets dotted around the fjord, with sparkling lakes and unspoilt nature as far as the eye can see.
- We will reach the village of Hinderåvåg, which lies on the banks of the Boknafjorden, and we will embark on a fantastic walking excursion following a relatively easy route that winds through the mountains amidst woods and open fields.
- Along the way, we will come across a number of viewpoints where we can admire the surrounding scenery, as we feel completely immersed in an environment where nature still reigns supreme.
- The landscape becomes increasingly barren and rocky until we reach Himakånå, a spectacular rock that juts out over the fjord which stands out against the blue sky. We will be struck by the breathtaking view there: below us, steep mountains tower over the majestic waters of the fjord, offering us unforgettable memories.
What you need to know
- The excursion is suitable for all ages but participants must be used to walking.
- This excursion will be conducted in English.