EXPLORING TRONDHEIM BY BICYCLE
We will visit the beautiful city of Trondheim, the capital of sustainable mobility, cycling around the most picturesque parts of the city and experiencing the excitement of travelling to the top of a hill on a ski lift for bikes!
What we will see
- Bicycle excursion
- Views of Munkholmen
- Nidelva river bank
- Nidaros Cathedral and former warehouses on stilts
- Bakklandet district
- Trampe (urban ski lift for bicycles)
- Solsiden district
What we will do
- We will get comfortable on our bicycles and explore Trondheim, famous for being a particularly good place for this pastime as there are more cycling paths here than in any other city and the flat terrain in the centre makes it the ideal destination for our excursion.
- After leaving the port, we will cycle along the fjord and cross the new bridge that boasts a wonderful view of Munkholmen, an islet in the middle of the fjord where a fort lies to defend the city.
- We will pedal along the banks of the Nidelva river, which cuts through the city of Trondheim, flanked by houses, until it reaches the vast fjord.
- On this part of the route, we can admire the wonderful Nidaros Cathedral, one of the most majestic on the Scandinavian peninsula and the best preserved Gothic monument in Northern Europe, and a **line of restored warehouses on stilts, their bright colours reflected in the water.
- We will enter the historic Bakklandet district with its picturesque houses belonging to fishermen, sailors and artisans. This is where we will experience the biggest attraction in Trondheim for cycling enthusiasts: the Trampe, a kind of urban ski lift for bicycles which travels 130 metres up Brubakken hill!
- Then we will head back towards the port, passing through the old town and the modern Solsiden district, which lies on an old shipyard and is currently very fashionable with the locals.
What you need to know
- This excursion is suitable for anyone that can ride a bicycle.
- Minimum age: 10 years.