San Antonio/Santiago de Chile
ESTANCIA EL CUADRO: WINE-MAKING TRADITION AND CHILEAN CULTURE
Sightseeing, Cultural, Entertainment, Meal included
We will spend a lovely day on a wine estate in Casablanca Valley to learn more about fine Chilean wines and immerse ourselves in the country's traditions, with a typical lunch and rodeo show.
What we will see
- Casablanca Valley
- Estancia El Cuadro wine estate
- Guided tour of the vineyards
- Wine tasting
- Wine museum tour
- Lunch on the estate
- Rodeo show
What we will do
- We will set off by coach on a sightseeing tour of Casablanca Valley, where the soil and excellent climate have brought this region success in recent times as it has become famous for the production of high-quality wines. The ocean breeze that cools and scents the bunches helps to enrich the flavour of the grapes, giving them a fruity aroma, which is enhanced through skilful fermentation.
- We will stop at the Estancia El Cuadro wine estate, a modern structure where the past blends harmoniously with the present.
- A wine expert will welcome us and take us on a guided tour of the vineyards, revealing all the secrets, grape varieties and characteristics of local wine production.
- Of course, a wine tasting session of some of the winery's most prestigious wines is a must.
- Afterwards, we will visit the wine museum, which will give us a glimpse of rural life and traditional wine-making techniques.
- When we start to feel peckish, we will sit down at the table on the estate and enjoy a delicious lunch.
- In the afternoon, we will attend a vivid display of local folklore and culture in the form of the famous rodeo, practically a national sport in Chile. It will be exciting to see the lasso throwing and the bareback riding of wild horses or bulls! An enthralling show that we will never forget.
What you need to know