San Antonio/Santiago de Chile
THE PEARLS OF THE COAST AND INLAND RURAL TRADITIONS (ends at the airport)
We will admire the beautiful coastal cities of Valparaíso and Viña del Mar, with a stop at the Fonck Museum to learn about Chilean archaeology first hand, and we will visit a distinctive equestrian centre with a show and typical snack included. We will end the excursion in style with a traditional Chilean lunch at a restaurant.
What we will see
- Inland sightseeing tour
- Valparaíso: old town and lower town
- Viña del Mar
- Flower clock and casino
- Visit to the Fonck Museum
- Puro Caballo equestrian centre
- Traditional snack and equestrian show
- Lunch at a restaurant
What we will do
- We will leave San Antonio by coach and embark on an inland sightseeing tour, treating us to incredible views of the Andes and the lush vineyards of Casablanca Valley, the heart of Chile's wine producing tradition.
- We will reach the charming coastal city of Valparaíso, the administrative capital of the country.
- We will pass through the old town, perched on countless hills, famous for the steep cable cars that run from the port up to the top and for its brightly coloured houses nestled up high. Then we will head down to the lower part of the city known as "El Plan", adjacent to the port.
- Then we will head to Viña del Mar, also known as the Garden City thanks to its immaculate roads and lovely parks.
- As we enter the city, we can admire the flower clock, a working clock made of authentic corollas always in bloom and the symbol of Viña del Mar, and we will stop briefly at the historic casino, built in the thirties and surrounded by lush gardens.
- Finally, we will visit the Fonck Museum, where we can admire interesting archaeological findings from all over Chile and Easter Island, such as the authentic moai statue in front of the entrance, and a wonderful collection of silver Mapuche artefacts.
- Then we will go back across Casablanca Valley to our destination: the Puro Caballo equestrian centre, a typical Chilean horse farming ranch.
- When we arrive, we will be offered a traditional snack based around pisco sour, Chile's national drink consisting of aquavit and lemon, and a tasty empanada (meat-filled pastry).
- We will discover Chile's rural traditions as we watch an equestrian show in which a huaso (cowboy) will show off his talent on a horse.
- This will take us to lunchtime, which we will enjoy in a local restaurant, experiencing typical Chilean cuisine with dishes such as plateada al horno, meat roasted in a brick oven.
- At the end of the excursion, we will head to Santiago airport and say goodbye to the fascinating Chilean landscape.
What you need to know
- This tour ends at the airport and is only available for guests whose flights are scheduled to depart from Santiago airport after 18:00.