SAVONA DISCOVERY & TASTE
A walk to explore the centre of Savona with its churches, palaces and imposing fortress. We end the excursion with a tasting session of delicious local foods and a visit to the Ceramic Museum.
What we will see
- Stroll around the city centre
- Priamar fortress (outside)
- Savoury tasting session with glass of wine
- Visit to the Ceramic Museum
What we will do
- Our guide meets us at the pier and, together, we walk to Savona’s city centre to discover its most evocative monuments. We see the imposing Cathedral, which welcomes us with its Baroque façade and surprises us with its amazing wooden choir, a prestigious carved masterpiece dating back to the 16th century.
- We move on to the Priamar fortress, an imposing building overlooking the port and famous for being the place where Giuseppe Mazzini was imprisoned. It was the first city settlement and is now home to an archaeological museum displaying historical artefacts.
- We then head back to the port to discover the Liguria culinary tradition with a tasting session of fried fish or chickpea farinata with a nice glass of local wine.
- But the excursion does not end here for those who still feel like exploring! We will visit the amazing Ceramic Museum: four floors filled with history with an innovative set-up that take us on a journey through eras and styles, from the Renaissance to contemporary designs.
What you need to know
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with limited mobility. ?