A STROLL AROUND SOPOT
Sightseeing, Nature excursion
Let us discover Sopot, a popular resort on the Baltic coast, with a lovely walk that takes us to the wooden pier, a long structure extending over the sea providing enchanting views.
What we will see
* Walking tour of the city centre
* Sopot pier
* Grand Hotel
* Free walk
What we will do
* We leave the port behind us on our coach and head south towards the **Sopot**, a seaside resort overlooking the Baltic sea within the large Gdańsk Bay.
* Originally a quiet fishing town, it was discovered in 1808 by French doctor Jean Georg Haffner, who realised its potential and started its tourist development. Sopot is now a **famous holiday destination** popular with German, Russian and Polish tourists in particular.
* Once off the coach, we enjoy a **walk around the city centre**, elegant and sophisticated with Art Nuveau buildings and manicured green areas.
* We walk along the wooden boards of the famous **Sopot pier**, over 500 metres long and the longest of its kind in Europe. The original shorter section dates back to the time of Haffner.
* We pass in front of the historical **Grand Hotel**, an imposing building dating back to the 1920s which, over the centuries, welcomed illustrious figures including politicians, actors and pop idols.
* After our walk, we have some free time available to **explore Sopot as we please** wandering around the city centre looking for the perfect souvenir or sinking our feet in the sand of the large city beach as we relax and take in the sea views.
What you need to know
* This excursion includes a walk that last approximately 1 hour.