San Antonio/Santiago de Chile
EXCELLENT WINES AND THOROUGHBREDS: A JOURNEY INTO CHILEAN TRADITION
Cultural, Entertainment, Meal included
Let us be inebriated by the fruity aromas of great Chilean wines and be stunned by the talent of a gaucho during a rodeo. Discover two typically Chilean institutions: the high-end wine-making tradition and the breeding of horses accompanied by a truly thrilling horse show. An excellent lunch of local specialities will be the perfect end to our excursion.
What we will see
- Panoramic tour of the Chilean hinterland
- Casablanca valley, the cradle of wine
- Stop in a winery
- Visit of the cellars and wine tasting session
- Puro Caballo Equestrian Centre
- Welcome drink
- Rodeo-inspired horse show
- Typical Chilean lunch
What we will do
- We leave the port behind us on a coach and go on a panoramic tour of the hinterland to admire the amazing landscape of the Andes mountain range and the green countryside.
- We cross the amazing valley of Casablanca, cradle of the Chilean wine-making tradition where the soil and excellent weather conditions make this area rather similar to the California valleys.
- We stop in a winery where we can observe the wine-making process and wine storage techniques up close while on a guided tour.
- A delightful wine tasting session takes us directly into the Chilean wine-making world: in this valley characterised by privileged bioclimatic conditions, the ocean breeze cools down grape bunches giving them a fruity aroma. Raise a glass to the great Chilean wines!
- Our next stop is the Puro Caballo Equestrian Centre, a typical Chilean horse breeding facility where we learn more about the prestigious Chilean race and the huasos, the traditional cowboys renowned for their great talent with horses.
- We are offered a pleasant drink to choose between an excellent glass of wine or a pisco sour, the traditional Chilean drink consisting of aquavit and lime.
- As we sip our drink, we attend a rodeo-inspired horse show, a true national sport in Chile in which gauchos must prove their ability in a series of tests connected to the breeding of cattle. Seeing it up close will be an amazing experience! Men and horses become a single entity and we can’t resist the urge to incite them: go gauchos!
- We end this amazing experience comfortably sat at the restaurant of the equestrian centre to enjoy a lovely lunch in the best Chilean culinary tradition.
- We head back to the ship full of excitement and happier than when we set off.