THE BEST OF DUBAI
An exceptional tour of Dubai, the second largest city in the seven emirates, considered the economic capital of the country and the Middle East. It is commonly known as the "City of Merchants" due to its ancient commercial tradition. Dubai is a wonderful blend of East and West, a rich potpourri of eastern charm and western modernity ready to be discovered on this fascinating tour.
What we will see
- Photo stop at the Burj Al Arab
- Jumeirah beach and mosque
- Burj Khalifa: spectacular 360-degree panoramic views from the 124th floor
- Old Town and Zabeel Palace
- Dubai Frame
What we will do
- We will leave the port by coach and head to the Burj Al Arab, the world-famous 7-star hotel with a unique sail shape, which has become a symbol of the city. The hotel's name is Arabic for "Tower of the Arabs" and it is situated on an artificial island linked to dry land by a bridge. It is a result of the ambition of Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Āl Maktūm, Emir of Dubai and currently Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates. The building was completed in five years and at 321 metres high it is the 48th tallest skyscraper in the world. We will stop here to take some lovely photos.
- We will then board the coach again and travel alongside Jumeirah beach heading for Jumeirah mosque, a stunning example of Islamic architecture that we can immortalise in unforgettable photos. This cultural site is one of the most iconic buildings in the city: it can host up to 1,200 worshippers and is built entirely from white stone. It has a large dome in the centre framed by two identical towering minarets.
- Our tour will continue with a visit to the Burj Khalifa, currently the tallest skyscraper in the world at 830 metres high and the centrepiece of a lively district of hotels, shops and all kinds of entertainment options.
- From reception, we will travel to the 124th floor in a dizzying lift that climbs 18 metres a second, beating the world speed record, and we will access the At the Top observation deck where large glass panes overlook the centre of Dubai.
- From the top of the skyscraper, 450 metres high, we will enjoy spectacular 360° panoramic views of the city with its incredible skyline, desert and ocean.
- Then we will head to the old town travelling past Zabeel Palace, the office and residence of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Āl Maktūm. We will have some free time to take some photos or explore the old town's traditional local markets and wander through the narrow streets.
- The last stage of our excursion includes a stop at an attraction that opened recently in Zabeel Park, the Dubai Frame. It is a huge picture frame 150 metres tall, which stands out as a majestic feat of engineering and gifts visitors a breath-taking view of every angle of the city. This is where we say goodbye to Dubai with a final photo before returning to Abu Dhabi.
What you need to know
- Due to the marked difference in temperature between the places we visit and our air-conditioned tour vehicles, we recommend taking a light cotton jumper or cardigan.