FREE TIME IN AMSTERDAM
The ideal excursion for those wishing to discover Amsterdam at their own leisure. Due to its unique layout, the city is nicknamed “Venice of the North”. We let ourselves be enchanted by its lovely canals flanked by the typical narrow houses with their characteristic façades but also by the colourful flower markets and picturesque neighbourhoods where we can shop or relax as we sip a drink, without neglecting the artistic and cultural aspect as we visit one of the city’s famous museums such as the Van Gogh Museum.
What we will see
- Free visit of Amsterdam
- City centre with amazing canals, narrow houses, welcoming pubs, unusual shops and flower markets
- Museums: Rijksmuseum, Stedelijk Museum, Rembrandt House Museum, Van Gogh Museum
- Shopping in characteristic markets and shops
- Relaxation and drinks in the city’s bars
What we will do
- We start this excursion on a coach that takes us from the port directly into the heart of Amsterdam and its city centre.
- We have four hours available to explore the city and admire its main sights and crowded districts thanks to the map handed out on the coach. All we need to do is decide where to start!
- In addition to being known as the “Venice of the North”, Amsterdam is often defined as one of the liveliest and most colourful cities in the world thanks to its numerous sights, amazing canals, narrow houses with their typical façades, famous museums, welcoming pubs, unusual shops and many flower markets.
- If we decide to visit a museum, Amsterdam has plenty to choose from: there is the Rijksmuseum with the largest collection from the golden age of Flemish art, the Stedelijk Museum, the most important museum of modern and contemporary art in the Netherlands and the Rembrandt House Museum set up in what used to be the artist’s home and exhibits some of his works and collections of objects from all over the world.
- We can also choose to visit the famous Van Gogh Museum, which houses the largest collection of Vincent Van Gogh works in the world, including some of his masterpieces such as "Sunflowers", "Blossoming Almond Tree" and "Vincent's Bedroom in Arles", as well as a total of 200 paintings, 400 drawings and 700 letters. We can even admire works of art from his Impressionist and Post-Impressionist contemporaries and follow the permanent exhibition through the various phases of his artistic life.
- Alternatively, we can shop in the numerous markets and shops, or relax as we sip a cup of coffee or a drink in one of the bars while taking in the busy city life.
- After our free time, we reassemble at the meeting point and return to Rotterdam by coach.
What you need to know
- The excursion does not include a guide, lunch or entry tickets.
- The coach transfer to Amsterdam takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes each way.
- Please take not of the meeting times and points as there are no coaches available in case of delay.