SPECTACULAR VIEWS AND PICTURESQUE CORNERS IN BUSAN
Sightseeing, Cultural, Shopping, Lunch not included
A fantastic excursion to discover eclectic Busan favouring less traditional destinations to appreciate the city’s “alternative” charm: a village of colourful houses brought back to life by Korean artists, a spectacular walkway suspended above the ocean that gives the illusion of walking on water thanks to the see-through panels and two picturesque markets to indulge in some shopping.
What we will see
- Visit to the charming Gamcheon Culture Village
- Songdo beach: magnificent views of the hills and sea
- Stop for photos on Songdo Skywalk
- Jagalchi fish market
- Colourful Gukje traditional market
What we will do
- The first stop on our excursion is the picturesque Gamcheon Culture Village perched on the mountains and therefore nicknamed the “Machu Picchu of Busan”.
- We explore the village together with our guide: once a slum where Korean War refugees used to live, it was handed over to artists, who revolutionised the maze of alleyways and courtyards transforming them into colourful houses, vegetable plots and awnings creating many enchanting corners decorated with sculptures and artistic installations.
- We then move on to*Songdo beach*, surrounded by lovely mountains covered in greenery and by the pine tree-lined coast.
- We also find a suspended bridge, the Songdo Beach Skywalk, winding over the waters of the bay as a sinuous dragon the shape of which was inspired by the legend of a young fisherman and his love for the daughter of the dragon king of the sea.
- We cross the suspended bridge and feel at one with the sea thanks to the tempered glass sections that create the illusion of walking on water as the roaring waves provide the perfect soundtrack to this magnificent experience surrounded by breathtaking views.
- We end the excursion at the Jagalchi fish market, the largest in South Korea where the majority of traders are women. We walk among the colourful stalls with their strong smells and simple wooden crates placed on the ground selling mackerel, octopus and whale steaks.
- We also have the opportunity to visit Gukje market, the largest traditional market in Busan filled with lively shops and stalls where we can find practically everything at a reasonable price.