4X4 ADVENTURE AROUND THE ISLAND OF RAROTONGA
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Cultural
We will drive around the beaten paths of the hills of Rarotonga in a 4x4 Jeep, admiring breath-taking views of the lagoon, beaches, valleys and inland villages - a unique landscape that your eyes will never tire of.
What we will see
- 4x4 trip through the hills of Rarotonga
- Stop at Orau-O-Uritau in Avatiu Valley
- Hospital Hill with a visit to the villages of Arorangi and Avatiu/Nikao
- Stop at Wigmore's Waterfall and Papaaroa beach
- Aroko hills and view of the lagoon
- Avana Passage
- Arai Te Tonga historical site
What we will do
- We will start our excursion by climbing into a 4x4 Jeep and heading to the hills of Rarotonga, accompanied by a local guide who will provide detailed information on the island's customs, flora and fauna.
- The first scheduled stop is Orau-O-Uritau at the entrance to Avatiu Valley. Our guide will give us a brief explanation of the area here before we delve into the tropical forest.
- We will reach 300 metres above sea level in our Jeep, where we can see some of the features of the spectacular landscape that will unfold before our eyes: the lagoon, the beaches and the valleys of Rarotonga.
- Then we will head to the west of the island until we reach Hospital Hill, where we can admire the village of Arorangi (the first village built by missionaries and designed as a model for other settlements on the island) and the districts of Avatiu and Nikao.
- Then we will stop for photos at Wigmore's Waterfall which plunges into a fresh pool of water, before we continue to Papaaroa beach, one of the most spectacular in the Cook Islands.
- When we reach the village of Muri-Ngatangiia, we will head inland to the hills of Aroko where we will be greeted by incredible views of the lagoon and islands (motu).
- We will continue along the main road until we reach Avana Passage to see the point from where the seven canoes departed for New Zealand.
- The last part of our tour includes a stop at Arai Te Tonga historical site, an ancient and sacred meeting place for the local people.
What you need to know
*This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems or wheelchair users. * The excursion includes sections of uneven terrain. * The excursion is prohibited for pregnant women or people with neck or back conditions. * The Jeep driver is also the guide.