MSHEIREB ENRICHMENT CENTRE AND VIP TOUR OF KATARA
A journey into the culture of Qatar by visiting an exhibition centre that retraces the country's history whilst looking towards the future and Katara Cultural Village, where we learn more about local life as we enjoy a VIP treatment.
What we will see
- La Corniche
- Msheireb Enrichment Centre
- West Bay Area
- Katara Cultural Village: VIP tour
What we will do
- We leave the port behind us on our coach driving along*La Corniche*, the amazing waterfront that winds along the large bay overlooked by the city and flanked by alternating old and modern buildings.
- The Msheireb Enrichment Centre is located along this road. It was created to exalt the country’s historical and cultural heritage with a fascinating return to the past and a trip into Qatar’s future.
- Accompanied by our expert guide, we retrace the history of Doha discovering anecdotes and facts as we observe a few artefacts while surrounded by an interactive high-tech atmosphere that pleasantly illustrates contents with a predominant multimedia approach.
- After visiting the centre, we cross the West Bay Area, the most modern of the city with its tall buildings, and reach the Katara Cultural Village, an elegant complex filled with theatres, galleries and structures for entertainment and cultural events that reinterprets the region's architectural heritage in an innovative way.
- We take part in a guided tour with a VIP treatment of the complex, which is a combination of modern and traditional elements that enables us to appreciate every nuance of Qatar's culture: we admire the opera building, the theatre of dramatic art, a mosque, access exclusive places that even Doha citizens cannot enter and feel really privileged.
- At the end of the excursion, we return to the ship bringing some of Qatar's rich cultural heritage with us.
What you need to know
- Flash photography is not permitted in the galleries of the Katara Cultural Village.