OVERLAND EXCURSION FROM MELBOURNE TO AYERS ROCK (Single Room)
Sightseeing, Jeep 4-Wheel-Drive ATV, Nature excursion, Cultural
An adventurous excursion to the Australian hinterland with a visit to the enchanting pinnacles of Kaya Tjuta, the “A Night at Field of Light” experience featuring a dinner in desert in front of the mysterious Urulu monolith and the magic of the sun rising above the large rock sacred to the Aboriginals.
What we will see
- Dinner and overnight stay in a hotel in Melbourne
- Flight to Ayers Rock
- Tour of Kata Tjuta
- Cultural Centre and lunch
- "A Night at Field of Light" experience
- Sunset on Uluru and dinner
- Sunrise over Uluru and excursion along the perimeter
- Flight to Brisbane
- Overnight stay in Brisbane
What we will do
DAY 1 - Overnight stay in Melbourne:
- Let us set foot on Australian soil! A guide meets us at the port and a private coach takes us to our hotel in the city where we check in and settle into our rooms.
- We get down to the hotel restaurant where we enjoy a two-course dinner and savour the journey that awaits us.
DAY 2 - Arrival in Ayers Rock:
- In the morning, our guide accompanies us to the airport where we board a flight to Ayers Rock: our destination is getting nearer!
- Once there, we meet our local guide and begin our tour of Kata Tjuta, also known as the Olgas Mountains. We stop by the Cultural Centre, where we can wander around and have lunch. We enter the shaded and silent valley of Kata Tjuta and find ourselves surrounded by 36 magnificent rock domes. We walk through the gorge and remain amazed by the unusual rock formations.
- After the visit to Kata Tjuta, we go to the Sails in the Desert Hotel to settle into our room and prepare for the evening activities.
- In the late afternoon there is a transfer from the hotel for our desert experience, evocatively called A Night at Field of Light. With the magical rock of Uluru in the background, we enjoy delicious canapés and a glass of wine accompanied by the sound of a didgeridoo as the sun slowly sets over the horizon.
- When it is almost dark, the 50,000 spindles of light part of Field of Light turn on. The exclusive installation was created by famous artist Bruce Munro. An expert guide helps us understand the meaning of the artwork and we also get the opportunity to walk among the countless lights.
- We then witness a live performance by local artists that adds to the charm of this unusual experience and take our seats at the table to enjoy a three-course buffet dinner with dishes inspired by the Aboriginal tradition. After dinner, we are served desserts and hot chocolate or a glass of port as we observe the hypnotic installation that twinkles in the dark.
DAY 3 - From Ayers Rock to Brisbane
- We leave the hotel early in the morning (approx. 5:40 am) on a private coach together with our guide to take in the spectacle of the sun rising over Uluru and the thousand colours that animate the surrounding scenery as a new day begins.
- We head back to the hotel for breakfast (approx. 7.30 am), collect our packed lunch and head back to the rock for an excursion around Uluru before going to the airport.
- We get on our flight to Brisbane and have dinner during the transfer. Once there, we are welcomed by a local guide and reach our hotel by coach.
DAY 4 - Return to the ship:
- After breakfast, we go to Fisherman Island where our ship is moored ready to welcome us and continue our cruise.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- We recommend wearing comfortable trekking shoes.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with limited mobility.
- The order of the foot and coach excursions may be inverted.
- In summer, temperatures in Central Australia can exceed 35-40°C.
- Do not forget to bring sunglasses, a hat and a windbreaker for the evening.