DUBAI CITY TOUR - (ENDS AT THE AIRPORT)
Dubai, the second largest of the seven emirates, is an extraordinary blend of East and West, a rich potpourri of eastern charm and western modernity ready to be discovered on this fascinating tou
What we will see
- Burj Al Arab
- Jumeirah Mosque
- Al Bastakiya
- Al Fahidi Fort
- Abra boat ride
- Spice Souk
- Gold Souk
What we will do
- The first stop on our tour takes us outside the famous Burj Al Arab hotel, where we can take incredible photos of its distinctive sail-shaped structure.
- We then board the coach again and head for the Jumeirah mosque, a stunning example of Islamic architecture that we can immortalise in unforgettable photos.
- In complete contrast with what we have just seen, our coach then takes us to the Al Bastakiya district, an area that has preserved the historic heritage of the time when oil was first struck. The walls of the houses still enclose charming gardens where we can still catch a glimpse of decorations which once lavishly adorned them. The most intriguing part of these places is the presence of so-called barjeel towers: wind towers that rise above the rooftops channelling wind to the gardens and rooms below for cooling. These towers have become a symbol of the district.
- Another noteworthy attraction in this area is the Al Fahidi fort that dates back to the 18th century and is now home to the Dubai Museum.
- We then leave our coach to cross the distinctive Dubai Creek on an abra, a wooden boat used as a kind of river taxi, to visit the spice market.
- Our last stop will be the immense Gold Souk where we can find exquisite pieces of jewellery cheaper than anywhere else in the world.
What you need to know
- This excursion is not recommended to guests with mobility problems.
- Because of the differences in temperature between the places visited and the air-conditioned vehicles and the temperature outside, we recommend that you wear a light cotton jumper.
- The order of the itinerary may vary.
- Places are limited, so please reserve early.
- This tour is only for guests with flights after 3.30 pm