ABU DHABI: THE CAPITAL OF THE ARAB EMIRATES AMIDST TRADITION AND MODERNITY (ends at the airport)
A lively, cosmopolitan city, ultra-modern streets and skyscrapers, yet with a strong tradition: an excursion to discover the multi-faceted capital of the United Arab Emirates.
What we will see
- Al Ittihad Square
- Presidential Palace (external)
- Marina Mall
- Emirates Palace Drive around
What we will do
- Leaving the dock behind us, we begin our tour of Abu Dhabi, a city situated on a small peninsula surrounded by a tiny archipelago, founded in 1761 by the Bani Yas tribe. The name of the city, which means “father of the gazelle”, was chosen as a tribute to the legend which tells that it was a gazelle that led the first tribe in Abu Dhabi to a fresh water spring.
Our first photo stop will be Manarat Al Saadyat for a photo stop/Visit then we continue to Al Ittihad Square, whose name means "union" in Arabic, to immortalise the spectacular, white ivory monuments, including a large coffee-pot and an incense burner symbolising renowned Arabic hospitality and its centuries-old tradition.
After stopping for photos at the Marina Café, where we will have time to immortalise the spectacular Abu Dhabi skyline on camera, we will head to Wahat Al Karama, a memorial dedicated to the soldiers who died for their homeland, consisting of 31 imposing aluminium-plated plaques on top of each other.
Then, before we head to the airport, we will make a final stop to take photos of the Grand Mosque.
What you need to know
- 3Due to the marked difference in temperature between the places we visit and our air-conditioned tour vehicles, we recommend taking a light cotton jumper or cardigan.
- Itinerary sequence may vary.
- This excursion is only available to guests whose flights depart after 3:30pm.