ABU DHABI: THE CAPITAL OF THE ARAB EMIRATES AMIDST TRADITION AND MODERNITY (ends at the airport)
A lively, cosmopolitan city, ultra-modern streets and skyscrapers, yet with a strong tradition: an excursion to discover the multi-faceted capital of the United Arab Emirates.
What we will see
- Al Ittihad Square
- Presidential Palace (external)
- Marina Mall
- Emirates Palace Drive around
What we will do
- Leaving the dock behind us, we begin our tour of Abu Dhabi, a city situated on a small peninsula surrounded by a tiny archipelago, founded in 1761 by the Bani Yas tribe. The name of the city, which means “father of the gazelle”, was chosen as a tribute to the legend which tells that it was a gazelle that led the first tribe in Abu Dhabi to a fresh water spring.
- Our first photo stop will be Manarat Al Saadyat for a photo stop/Visit then we continue to Al Ittihad Square, whose name means "union" in Arabic, to immortalise the spectacular, white ivory monuments, including a large coffee-pot and an incense burner symbolising renowned Arabic hospitality and its centuries-old tradition.
- After stopping for photos at the Marina Café, where we will have time to immortalise the spectacular Abu Dhabi skyline on camera, we will head to Wahat Al Karama, a memorial dedicated to the soldiers who died for their homeland, consisting of 31 imposing aluminium-plated plaques on top of each other.
- Then, before we head to the airport, we will make a final stop to take photos of the Grand Mosque.
What you need to know
- Due to the marked difference in temperature between the places we visit and our air-conditioned tour vehicles, we recommend taking a light cotton jumper or cardigan.
- This excursion is only available to guests whose flights depart after 3:30pm.