IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF THE BEATLES
An unusual itinerary through Liverpool dedicated to the fans of its most famous citizens - the Beatles - with a visit to the main locations of their personal and musical life from the early days to their great success.
What we will see
- Symbolic places of the Beatles
- Penny Lane and Strawberry Field
- The Cavern Wall of Fame
- Houses and school attended by the Beatles
- The Beatles Story Museum
What we will do
- Let’s jump back in time to the 1960s and visit the city of Liverpool with an eye to its musical history, pivotal to the development of pop music.
- Our tour touches all the symbolic places in the Beatles’ career, which has taken four chaps from Liverpool to global success.
- We pass by Penny Lane, along which we find the roundabout celebrated by the famous Beatles’ song as well as the shelter to find refuge from the rain while waiting for the bus.
- We then move on to the Strawberry Field former orphanage with its iconic red wrought-iron gate, in whose garden John Lennon used to play and which gave the name to one of the band's most famous songs.
- We pay homage to The Cavern Wall of Fame located right next to the entrance of the historic club where the Beatles made their début in 1961 and which, in addition to a bronze statue of John Lennon, displays a list of all the artists that played there.
- We retrace the childhood of John and Paul by visiting their homes and schools and enjoy lovely anecdotes on the lives of the four wonder boys before they became famous.
- Our tour in the footsteps of the Beatles ends in Albert Dock to visit The Beatles Story Museum, where a fun interactive exhibition tells us about the career of the band and showcases mementos of rare value such as George Harrison's guitar and John Lennon’s round glasses.