WELSH SCENERY AND CONWY MANOR
Sightseeing, Cultural, Meal included
We venture into the rural scenery of northern Wales with a sightseeing tour to appreciate the main natural and historical beauties of the region, see a marvellous castle declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site and visit picturesque medieval towns.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of northern Wales
- Clwydian Range and Vale of Clwyd
- Conwy Castle
- Free visit of Conwy
- Betws-y-Coed: lunch and walk
What we will do
- We leave the port of Liverpool behind us on a coach and head south crossing the Wirral peninsula as far as Wales, a true natural Eden where time seems to have stop and brimming with lush greenery which is the stuff of myth and legend.
- We go on a sightseeing tour of northern Wales to admire the amazing peaks, lush valleys and spectacular rugged coastline that have made this region famous.
- We drive through the agricultural land and gentle slopes of the Clwydian Range as we head towards the rural Vale of Clwyd where even road signs, which are written in both English and Welsh as in the rest of the region, remind us of Wales’ strong cultural identity.
- We then reach Conwy Castle, a majestic fortress built in 1283 by request of King Edward I and declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- We admire the imposing round towers of the manor, which are perfectly-preserved. There are four on the north side and four of the south side, standing out against the sky from their position perched on rocks.
- We then have some free time to visit Conwy, a lovely fortified town where the medieval atmosphere continues to prevail making us go on a journey back in time among the stone houses and 21 towers overlooking the sea.
- We continue our coach tour and admire pastures of rare beauty in a series of meadows with grazing white sheep, rocky gorges and waterfalls along the Conwy river.
- We reach Betws-y-Coed, only 50 metres above sea level and surrounded by scenic hills.
- We climb down to one of the small hotels where we enjoy an excellent lunch before taking a short walk at our own leisure around the town crafts and souvenir shops.