CHARMING EDINBURGH AND ITS SPECTACULAR CASTLE
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Cultural
Every step in Edinburgh reveals enchanting scenarios between mysterious Medieval alleyways and elegant roads flanked by noble residences once inhabited by kings and queens. Once at the majestic castle perched on a rocky outcrop, it is impossible not to remain charmed by its splendour and spectacular views.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of the city centre
- Medieval atmospheres in the Old Town
- Tour of the majestic Edinburgh Castle
- Stroll along the Royal Mile
- Holyrood Palace and Princess Street
- Georgian architecture in New Town
What we will do
- We leave the port behind us and venture into the amazing city of Edinburgh, spectacularly perched on a series of dormant volcanoes and rocky cliffs and boasting a charming city centre most of which was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- We cross the Old Town with its medieval origin and maze of cobbled streets, winding lanes and long roads and providing us with the chance of admiring historic monuments and charming views.
- Our first stop is Edinburgh Castle, which also dates back to the Middle Ages and features imposing bastions. Perched on a rocky outcrop located in the city centre, it was the residence of Scottish kings and queens for centuries.
- We travel along the Royal Mile, the most famous road in the centre overlooked by grand period buildings, shops selling typical local products and old pubs. We admire the splendid architecture and soak up the Gothic atmosphere.
- We then continue exploring the city as we pass by the Holyrood Palace, the main residence of the Royals of Scotland since the 16th century, and continue towards Princess Street, the famous high street with the imposing Scott Monument and elegant garden.
- We move on to the New Town, as it was named at the time of its construction in the 18th century. That period really made its mark with Georgian architecture inspired by the exponents of Neoclassicism.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.