MAGNIFICENT HOPETOUN HOUSE
A jump of a few centuries back in time into the fabulous setting of an opulent country house between richly decorated and exquisitely furnished halls and a wonderful park where we can go for a relaxing stroll.
What we will see
- Stop in the South Queensferry fishing town
- Amazing views of the sea and of the Victorian Forth Bridge
- Hopetoun House
- Elegant interiors
- Stroll in the fabulous park
What we will do
- We leave the port on a coach and head out to the fishing town of South Queensferry a short distance from Edinburgh. A short stop enables us to admire fabulous views of the river Forth and the sea with the road bridge and the more famous railway bridge, the Forth Bridge, a true engineering masterpiece from the Victorian era and declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- We drive along the coastal road to reach out destination: the imposing Hopetoun House, a magnificent country house with a panoramic view of the river and surrounded by an idyllic setting.
- We visit the amazing interiors of the house with its opulent gilded decorations and the classical motifs reflecting the noble splendour of the early 18th-century.
- Hopetoun House is surrounded by a fabulous park covering 100 acres in a succession of gentle slopes, forests and well-tended gardens boasting a profusion of wild flowers. We take a stroll in this truly natural Eden and feel reinvigorated thanks to the beauty and tranquillity of the park, then return to the ship accompanied by a host of amazing memories.
What you need to know
Please note: Space is limited, so please book early.