A LUXURY STARRY NIGHT IN A DELUXE BEDOUIN STYLE TENT EXPLORING THE GEMS OF JORDAN
Sightseeing, Jeep 4-Wheel-Drive ATV, Nature excursion, Cultural, Meal included
Discover the Nabatean Red Rose City of Petra and the desert of Wadi Rum spending the night in a full of stars Camp
What we will see
- The Red Rose City of Petra
- Folkloric Bedouin Show
- Overnight in a luxury Bedouin style tent
- The Wadi Rum
What we will do
- We depart from the Port of Aqaba and head towards Petra, the “Nabatean Red Rose City as old as time”. This mythical place remained unknown for centuries, hidden between the mountains of southern Jordan until 1812, when it was discovered by a young Swiss explorer who revealed it to the world. Nowadays not only it is one of the Seven World Wonders, but also a UNESCO World Heritage site. We enter the city through a 1.2 km long narrow gorge, flanked either side by 80 m high cliffs. The dazzling colors and formations of the rocks frame the massive site that contains hundreds of elaborated rock-cut tombs, a treasury, a Roman-style theatre, temples and colonnaded streets.
- After the visit, we have lunch in a typical restaurant.
- In the afternoon we travel to Wadi Rum and once arrived we check in and enjoy some relaxing time, just before the extraordinary Bedouin experience starts. The Folkloric show and the special dinner are just the beginning, since we spend the night in a deluxe Bedouin style tent of a luxury camp in the middle of the desert. An experience unlike any other that has you feeling like a modern Lawrence of Arabia.
- We wake up to a beautiful desert sunrise and after an early breakfast our off roads are ready to start a tour in Wadi Rum, a vast, silent landscape of desert and rocks sculpted by wind and time immemorial into enchanting formations of unsurpassed beauty, their color ranging from deep yellow to dark red. Today it is home to the Bedouin who preserve a desert lifestyle that has lasted for thousands of years. Turning off the engines, we can experience the eerie silence and marvel at nature’s wondrous creations.
- We make several stops along the way to capture precious moments on film, then we get back on our coaches to make our way to Araba border.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
- Bringing the passport is mandatory, as it’s required for border inspections.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- This excursion is not recommended for pregnant women and guests with limited mobility.
- No food or drinks are allowed on the site of Petra.