IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF THE TITANIC
We admire some of the most important monuments in Belfast and continue in the footsteps of the Titanic, which was built and launched here over one hundred years ago. We also visit a magnificent modern interactive museum that retraces its history.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of Belfast
- Queen's University and botanical gardens
- Town Hall
- Harland & Wolff shipyard
- Titanic Belfast museum
What we will do
- While comfortably seated on our coach, we set off on a sightseeing tour of Belfast, the city where the Titanic - the most famous yet most unlucky ocean liner in history - was built.
- Together with our guide, we drive by Queen’s University with its Gothic façade and imposing gate and arrive at the botanical gardens, where we have some free time available to stroll around the tree-lined paths and see the gigantic iron and glass greenhouse which is a work of art onto itself.
- We admire the Neoclassical Town Hall building dominating over Donegall Square with its wealth of pinnacles and turrets surmounted by copper green domes.
- Our next stop is the Harland & Wolff shipyard, where the Titanic was built and launched over one hundred years ago. At the time, it was the largest ship in the world and was nicknamed “the unsinkable”.
- We visit the brand-new modern museum dedicated to the unforgettable ocean liner - Titanic Belfast - a building in the shape of four ship bows entirely covered in steel sheets.
- We let ourselves be guided through the nine interactive galleries over six floors where various environments have been reconstructed: from scenes recreating industrial Belfast to the place of the sinking. We can also see various parts of the ship such as the main staircase, first and second class cabins, engine rooms, and even projections of the wreck laying at the bottom of the sea.
- If we have enough time at the end of the tour, we can wander at our own leisure around the museum, observe the pier from where the Titanic was launched, enjoy a snack in one of the local restaurants or do some shopping before getting back to the ship.