SIGHTSEEING TOUR OF THE ARDS PENINSULA
We enjoy an itinerary to discover the Ards Peninsula and admire a wealth of villages and sea views on both sides of this strip of land ending with a tasting session of Irish coffee.
What we will see
- Tour of the Ards peninsula
- Break in a pub and Irish coffee tasting session
- Strangford Lough
- Stop on a beach
What we will do
- We leave the port behind us on our coach and embark on a sightseeing tour of the Ards peninsula, a strip of land that divides the open sea and the deep inlet of Strangford Lough, the largest fjord in all the British Isles.
- Along the way, we stop at Donaghadee, a lovely fishing town with a picturesque harbour and majestic lighthouse that is the perfect subject for amazing pictures.
- We reach an Irish pub where we can taste an authentic Irish coffee, a delicious combination of sugared warm coffee with Irish whisky and cream.
- We restart our tour and leave the Eastern coast headed towards Strangford Lough, a series of inlets and charming seaside towns overlooking shallow waters home to considerable colonies of sea birds.
- In order to fully enjoy this unique environment, we make a stop at a beach where we can take in the fjord with its small islands lulled by the sound of the waves.
- We get back on our coach and head back to the port completing our tour of the peninsula, which still surprises us with magnificent views.