THE IRRESISTIBLE SEDUCTION OF SCOTTISH LAKES
An unforgettable trip among the enchanting beauty of the Scottish lakes, landscape poetry that accompanies visitors each step of the way among irregular peaks, picturesque villages, endless heaths and glistening blue lakes.
What we will see
- Panoramic tour heading north
- Marvellous views of the Scottish hinterland
- The amazing Loch Lomond
- Stop in the picturesque town of Luss
- Free time for a walk or to stop in a pub
- Stop for photos at the Rest and Be Thankful viewpoint
- Panoramic tour along Loch Fyne, Loch Eck and Holy Loch
- Boat crossing and return to the port
What we will do
- We leave the port behind us and proceed on our comfortable coach along the banks of the River Clyde as far as the Erskine bridge, which we cross to head north.
- Soon enough, the scenery changes dramatically and we find ourselves surrounded by the true poetry of the Scottish landscape: irregular peaks, valleys with a magical atmosphere and wild heaths dotted with glistening lakes.
- Our destination is the charming Loch Lomond, the largest in Great Britain and located on the border between the gentle Lowlands and the more impervious Highlands.
- We stop at the picturesque village of Luss overlooking the shore of the lake where we have some free time available to go for a stroll among the charming cottages with their balconies bursting with flowers and enchanting panoramic lakeside views. We can also take advantage of the stop to enjoy a drink in the local pub!
- We continue northbound along the spectacular shore of the lake as far as the Rest and Be Thankful viewpoint, where we stop to photograph the magnificent mountain views.
- We then head south along a different road to admire Loch Fyne, Lock Eck and Holy Loch - half lakes and half fjords where nature reigns supreme with its enchanting strokes of colour.
- We reach Hunters Quay and sail across the stretch of sea separating the two banks of the River Clyde estuary, then proceed back to our ship by coach.
What you need to know
- There is limited availability of Italian speaking guides; if none are available, the excursion will be conducted in English.