THE SCENIC WONDERS OF LOCH LOMOND BY KAYAK
Nature up close: we paddle our kayak surrounded by one of the most spectacular and remote landscapes in Scotland among breathtaking views, intriguing legends and the rich wild fauna where the fusion between man and environment has never been so plausible.
What we will see
- Scenic Loch Lomond
- Introduction on safety and use of kayaks
- Guided kayak excursion
- Fabulous views: mountain peaks, unspoilt nature
- Spotting of wild animals
What we will do
- We leave the port behind us on a coach headed north towards the famous Loch Lomond, the largest lake in Great Britain on the border between the gentle Lowlands and the majestic Highlands.
- We meet our guide near the town of Balloch on the western shore of the lake and get ready for our adventure with a short introduction on safety norms and the use of kayaks.
- We get into our kayak and start paddling headed east to explore the southern part of the wonderful lake.
- During the excursion, our guide tells us of intriguing legends and narrates interesting events from local history as we let ourselves be enchanted by the lovely views of the lake reflecting scenery of rare beauty with the Ben Lomond peak in the distance.
- As we paddle through the placid waters, we might even spot the wild animals which inhabit the area. 200 species of birds live in one of the richest vegetations in the UK: a true natural paradise!
- After our tour, we head back to the departure point and to the ship with our hearts overawed by the unforgettable breathtaking views.
What you need to know
- The kayak excursion lasts 2 hours.
- We recommend wearing clothing and shoes suitable for humid weather.
- Showers and changing rooms available on site.
- You must be physically fit to take part in this excursion and wear a life jacket (supplied).
- Kayaks accommodate 2 people.