IN THE HEART OF SCOTLAND: HANDICRAFTS, GOOD FOOD AND FABULOUS LAKES
Sightseeing, Meal included
An incredible expedition into the most beautiful regions in Scotland to discover traditional local flavours in a typical pub and a succession of breathtaking landscapes, glistening lakes and rugged peaks ending with an enchanting cruise on the largest lake in Great Britain.
What we will see
- Panoramic tour of the Scottish hinterland
- Scottish Wool Centre
- Performance with shepherd dogs, sheep and ducks
- Centre shop
- Lunch in a traditional Scottish pub
- Panoramic tour of lake Menteith in Callander
- Stop for photos at Loch Katrine
- Stop for photos at Duke’s Pass
- Fabulous cruise on Loch Lomond
What we will do
- Comfortably seated on our coach, we head into the heart of Scotland: the amazing Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park stretches out among rugged peaks, magical valleys, wild heaths and the blue vastness of Loch Lomond.
- The first stop on our excursion is the Scottish Wool Centre, a large building in the middle of the countryside.
- While there, we get the chance to attend a fun animal performance with shepherd dogs and ducks entertaining us as they showcase their abilities.
- We then have some free time available to take a peek at the shop and maybe purchase sweaters, jackets and other garments at a good price.
- When we start feeling peckish, we stop for lunch in a traditional Scottish pub where we can savour some local specialities.
- We continue our excursion through the Trossachs region. We then stop again at the Duke’s Pass where, between the trees, we are afforded magnificent views of small valleys and breathtaking glimpses of the lakes below.
- We finally reach the Balloch jetty and enjoy a wonderful cruise on Loch Lomond, the largest lake in Great Britain, located on the border between the gentle Lowlands and the majestic Highlands under the watchful eye of the towering Ben Lomond.
- During the cruise, we have the chance to admire some historic Victorian houses overlooking the lake and among the most elegant in Scotland as well as the scenic Isle of Inchmurrin, the largest of 60 dotted around Loch Lomond where the remains of a castle and a monastery dating back to the 7th century are visible to this day.
- Afterwards, we board the coach and make our way back to the ship filled with unforgettable memories.
What you need to know
- The cruise on Loch Lomond lasts 1 hour.