GREAT HEROES AND GREAT WHISKIES: THE TWO SOULS OF SCOTLAND
Lunch not included
A thrilling excursion in the footsteps of the great Scottish hero William Wallace, the famous “Braveheart” made popular in the Hollywood film, plus an intriguing guided tour of one of the best known whisky distilleries in Scotland complete with a tasting session: there is no better way to get to know two of this enchanting land’s legends!
What we will see
- Panoramic tour of Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
- Stop at the Wallace Monument
- Town of Crieff: free time for a walk
- Glenturret distillery
- Guided tour of the distillery
- Whisky tasting session
- Shopping in the distillery shop
What we will do
- We start our excursion with a panoramic tour through Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park, with enchanting rural landscapes.
- We see the magnificent Stirling castle appear before our eyes, one of the largest and most imposing in Scotland built on a rocky peak.
- We stop at the Wallace Monument, a tower erected in the fields where William Wallace, the famous “Braveheart” defeated the large English army in 1297.
- We continue our excursion through the enchanting scenery that makes Scotland famous to reach the lovely town of Crieff where we have some free time available to stroll around the streets of the enchanting Medieval village looking for charming corners to photograph or traditional cafés to relax in.
- Our next stop is the Glenturret distillery, hidden in a deep valley among fields and hills not far from Crieff, which produces the single malt whisky used to make The Famous Grouse, one of the locals’ favourite blends.
- We embark on an amazing guided tour of the production facility to learn all the secrets of whisky distillation as we let ourselves be charmed by the sounds and aromas of this ancient procedure that still follows traditional criteria.
- The tour is followed by a whisky tasting session to appreciate the quality of the range produced at the distillery.
- We then have some free time to wander around the shop and purchase a personalised bottle of The Famous Grouse as a memento of this fantastic experience!
- Afterwards, we head back to the ship taking a sip of Scotland with us.
What you need to know
- There is limited availability of Italian speaking guides; if none are available, the excursion will be conducted in English.