CRUISE ALONG THE CALEDONIAN CANAL
We sail along the waters of the long channel flowing through the Scottish Highlands East to West connecting the two coasts and providing us with the chance to admire historic sites and extraordinary views.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of the Highlands
- Loch Linnhe
- Cruise along the Caledonian Canal
- Scottish cream tea
What we will do
- We set off from Oban and go on a two-hour sightseeing tour of the scenic Scottish Highlands surrounded by moors, lakes and pine-tree forests with imposting mountains in the background.
- We drive along the large fjord known as Loch Linnhe, which develops inland creating astounding views, as far as Gairlochy.
- We then get on a boat to sail along the Caledonian canal which connects the Eastern coast towards Inverness on the North Sea with the Western coast.
- We relax as we are lulled by the canal’s unique atmosphere and keep our eyes peeled to maybe spot deer, otters and eagles.
- We admire the main sights that appear before our eyes, which for a moment are brought back to their old splendour thanks to the captivating tales recalled by our guide as we pass some locks along the way. * The perfect way to round off this thrilling cruise is a traditional Scottish cream tea served as the boat continues to sail along the canal before getting off and returning to Oban.