THE CHARM OF CORK AND THE MAGIC OF BLARNEY CASTLE
A cosmopolitan city that is a lively collection of ancient monuments, theatres, shops of all kinds and crowded streets where the atmosphere is peaceful and carefree and an ancient fortress with a mysterious aura that time has made even more charming: this excursion is a highly emotional experience imbued with the spirit of Ireland.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of Cork
- Views of Saint Fin Barre's Cathedral and the Town Hall
- The lively atmosphere of Grand Parade and St. Patrick’s Street
- Visit to Blarney Castle
What we will do
- We board a coach and venture out on a sightseeing tour of Cork, first developed on an islet along the swampy estuary of the River Lee and now a city with a unique character combining influences connected to the jazz and theatre worlds as well as to trade and fashion.
- During our tour, we admire the Town Hall, an imposing building along the bank of the River Lee and Saint Fin Barre's Cathedral with its Neo-Gothic architecture.
- We drive along the lively streets of Grand Parade and St. Patrick’s Street, crowded and filled with shops that perfectly convey the city’s special atmosphere.
- We head out of Cork and on towards Blarney Castle, an imposing Medieval fortress made up of a tower perched on a limestone pedestal and decorated with typical Irish battlements.
- As we soon as we pass through the gate, the magic of the past appears all around us: a lush scenery and a placid stream are the background to dilapidated architecture that, nonetheless, still conveys past splendour and charms visitors with its mysterious aura.
- At the end of the visit, we return to the ship with our hearts filled with a piece of Ireland.
What you need to know
This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.