IMPOSING CHARLES FORT AND THE CHARM OF KINSALE
A comparison between two coastal gems! This fascinating excursion takes us on an exploration of an enchanting fortress perched on a promontory offering breathtaking views and a lovely fishing towns where we can walk around freely to discover picturesque corners and new flavours - Kinsale is in fact considered the food capital of Ireland.
What we will see
- Imposing Charles Fort
- Visit of the fortress above the sea
- Fishing town of Kinsale
- Free time to explore the picturesque town centre
What we will do
- A coach takes us to the first stop on our excursion - the imposing Charles Fort, a perfect example of a star-shaped fortress built in the mid-1600s over the remains of a previous coastal fortification.
- We visit this impressive stronghold built in the late 17th century and featuring two huge bastions overlooking the sea and three sides looking towards the inside of the promontory.
- We continue to the historic town of Kinsale nestling among hills and valleys and protected by the curve of a small bay.
- Here, we have some time available to explore the centre at our own leisure and discover this lively cosmopolitan port town with its charming marina, Medieval buildings and colourful houses.
- Kinsale is known for being the food capital of Ireland, so why not take advantage of the stopover to savour a few local delicacies? A short gastronomical journey could be the perfect end to this pleasant tour.
What you need to know
- There is limited availability of Italian speaking guides; if none are available, the excursion will be conducted in English.