The thrill of adventure along the 27 Damajagua Falls
Nature excursion, Swimming, Entertainment
Lush nature and pure adrenaline: we walk along the canyon where the Damajagua river descends towards the valley with 27 waterfalls. We swim, jump from one waterfall to the next, ford inaccessible stretches that insinuate into caves and narrow passages only to launch ourselves on natural slides and jump into the fabulous pools created by Mother Nature.
What we will see
- Damajagua Falls
- Mountain trek
- Descent along the canyon
- Jumps, dives and natural slides from one waterfall into the next
- Swimming in natural pools
What we will do
- A short coach transfer takes us to the destination of our exciting excursion: the Damajagua Falls - 27 drops created by a geological fault that generated a winding canyon various kilometres long.
- We venture on a mountain trek in the amazing natural scenery of the area around Puerto Plata as far as the first waterfall.
- We can see them below us: immersed in the lush vegetation, the waterfalls drop with sudden jumps, gentle slopes or winding bends forming natural pools with fresh clear water ideal for swimming.
- This is where the most adrenaline-filled part of our adventure starts: together with an expert guide, we descend along the waterfalls letting ourselves slide or jumping into the natural pools below.
- It is a true competition between us and nature: without the aid of any kind of boat and with only our arms and legs to helps us, we make our way along the narrow gorge crossed by the river. We swim in real caves and experience the thrill of launching ourselves onto natural slides generating joyful splashes as we drop into the small lakes found at the base of the various waterfalls.
What you need to know
- Minimum age: 8 years.
- Maximum weight: 125 kg.
- This excursion is not recommended for pregnant women or guests with mobility problems.