Sightseeing mini train tour of Philipsburg
A fun mini-train tour to discover Philipsburg to appreciate the most characteristic corners of the city after which we can indulge in some shopping or relax in the city centre.
What we will see
- Mini-train tour
- Bird sanctuary and Great Salt Pond
- Fort Amsterdam
- Front Street and Walter Plantz Square
- Stop in the city centre
What we will do
- We get on a fun mini-train to explore Philipsburg and its surroundings without missing a single one of its most enchanting corners.
- We admire lovely views over the bird sanctuary, with its precious wild animals, and over the Great Salt Pond, the saltwater lake north of Philipsburg surrounded by the city centre and its suburbs.
- We continue on the opposite bank of Great Bay as far as Fort Amsterdam, built in 1631 as a protection against possible invasions. Its cannons still aim towards the sea. The location is ideal to capture the amazing views on our camera.
- We then head back to the centre and walk along Front Street, with colourful shops and flanked by tall palm trees, as far as Walter Plantz Square, the ideal place to enjoy a spot of shopping.
- After our mini-train ride, we are free to choose our preferred stop to explore the city as we like: in the 30 minutes available, we can make a few purchases, visit the most significant sights or lazily lounge on the beach.
- We then get back to the train and reach the ship in just 15 minutes.
What you need to know
- Information provided in multiple languages during the excursion.
- This excursion is not available to wheelchair users.