CABRIO BUS TOUR WITH VISIT OF THE RED HISTORY MUSEUM
The irresistible charm of scenic landscapes and a journey into the history of the country during the Communist era in a tour that combines fun, beautiful panoramas and culture. The fun cabrio bus tour touches the best sights in Dubrovnik while the museum of the Communist era offers a privileged overview of a past that is virtually unknown to most of us.
What we will see
- Fun cabrio bus tour
- Climb of Srđ
- Red History Museum: life in Croatia during Communist times
- Stop for photos at the spectacular Franjo Tudjman bridge
- Stop in the picturesque village of Bosanka
What we will do
- We get on a unique means of transport: a cabrio bus, i.e.a semi-open-top bus with windows that can be fully opened making it possible to enjoy views of the city.
- We then head up to Srđ, the mountain that lies behind Dubrovnik, and we stop to admire the wonderful views of the bay, dotted with islands, and the red roofs of the old town.
- Our first stop is the Red History Museum, where we discover the history of the city and of the country during the Communist era and learn a few aspects of everyday life at the time - from the role of the secret services, foreign politics and pop culture to the first signs of the development of a consumer society.
- After this interesting journey through history, we stop at the spectacular Franjo Tudjman bridge, a modern engineering masterpiece soaring over the waters of a deep fjord offering enchanting views we cannot but capture on our camera.
- On the way back to the port, we enjoy one last stop in the picturesque village of Bosanka, a small rural gem in Dalmatia and the entire Adriatic with breathtaking views over Dubrovnik’s old town, so much so that it was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
What you need to know
- The excursion involves walking on flat, paved or tarmacked terrain.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with limited mobility.