A STROLL AROUND OLD DUBROVNIK AT OUR OWN LEISURE
A historic city centre incredibly full of charm nestled within imposing Medieval bastions is the ideal setting for a walk at our own leisure: we all can choose the itinerary we prefer, but none of us will give up the voucher to try a crepe or the return ticket for the sensational funicular.
What we will see
- Stroll around Dubrovnik at our own leisure
- Map with sights and water bottle (included)
- Charming maze of streets and old city walls
- Franciscan monastery and Dubrovnik cathedral
- Voucher for a crepe
- Return ticket for the Dubrovnik funicular
What we will do
- A short shuttle bus transfer takes us to the historic city centre of Dubrovnik, an ancient city in southern Dalmatia famous for the lovely walls that surround it.
- Once there, we are free to explore the centre at our own leisure thanks to the map indicating all the main sights we might want to see.
- During our walk, we are able to soak up the charming atmosphere that oozes from the ancient city walls, the maze of streets buzzing with the cheerful chatter of the locals and the appetising aromas of the Mediterranean cuisine.
- A must-see is definitely the Franciscan Monastery, which is also home to the oldest active pharmacy in Europe (opened in 1317 and still open to this day) and which comprises a cloister among the most majestic sites in the city, or Dubrovnik cathedral, an imposing early 18th-century Baroque building featuring a richly decorated exterior in stark contrast with the simple interior which is yet home to works of great artistic relevance.
- On this tour, we can even take advantage of a voucher for a crepe in the famous Cele Dubrovnik Gourmet & Lounge, perfect for relaxing between visits.
- We also have a return ticket for Dubrovnik’s funicular which, in just four minutes, takes us to the top of the Srđ to enjoy breathtaking views over the historic city centre and the Elaphiti islands.